As of this morning, Barack Obama will officially be the next President of the United States. Anybody that is active in the pro-gun arena knows the very real threat that President Obama and his Congress majority are to our Second Amendment rights. There could not be a bigger threat to our rights, gun related or otherwise, than at this very moment.
Our new president, Barack Obama …
- … opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.
- … voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.
- … voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.
- … wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.
- … voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.
- … has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.
- … has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.
- … supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.
- … voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.
- … supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.
- … refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.
- … opposes Right to Carry laws.
- … was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”
- … supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.
- … voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.
- … voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.
- … favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.
- … supports mandatory micro-stamping.
- … supports mandatory waiting periods.
- … supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.
- … supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.
- … supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.
- … supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.
- … supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.
Please join the National Rifle Association (NRA) NOW! There could not be a more critical time to keep insane bills off Obama’s desk; he will sign anything into LAW.
Source: NRA-ILA: Barack Obama