The “Smartcarry” style of carry is basically a gun pouch. The pouch has room for the gun and a special slot for a spare magazine. It will allow you to carry the gun highly concealed similar to the IWB holster but without the need for a higher pant size, or even pants with a belt at all! I really like the fact that I can carry during the summer in gym shorts without a belt. “Smartcarry” is the perfect summer carry method.
- Another extremely comfortable method. The holster is attached with velcro and elastic which will really make you forget you are carrying!
- Deep concealment. Literally no part of the gun will ever be exposed using this holster (though you can adjust it to do so, if you like).
- No need for pants with a belt at all.
- Ease of drawing hindered. Assuming you wear it how they recommend, the gun will be completely below your waistline. You will only be able to get a small grip on the rear of the gun as you bring it out. I found it slow at first but after a while you get used to it with a little practice.
- Little retention on the gun – nothing to keep it from moving around. I can’t imagine this would be an issue in most cases but there is still the possibility of the gun coming out if you fell down the right (or should we say, wrong) way.
- Printing might be an issue. It took me a while to finally get the perfect height to minimize printing of the gun.
With my Smartcarry holster I first started carrying my Glock 19. It definitely does the job but the frame of the gun is a little large to fit the way I wanted. My Kahr PM9 works perfectly, though.